Monday, December 10, 2012

CZ Custom Shop

Our sport is filled with some good vendors and more than a few idiots.  I think it's worth calling out when we get to work with some of the good guys, they deserve our business and our continued support. 

The CZ Custom shop in Mesa Arizona is one of the good amazing ones. (http://czcustom.com/index.aspx)   

I've purchased a few items from them over the years, and I've always left more than pleased.

Aside from the high quality work, which I'll get to a bit later, I'd first like to note that for a very busy custom shop, they are extremely customer centric.  Having worked with some custom builders in the past, I've found that more than a few seem to treat customer interaction somewhere between having a bad case of the clap or having one's crotch hit with a belt sander.    Rob at CZ was great.  I had a ton of questions and he patiently walked me through the various options and what I could expect with each one so my custom SP-01 Shadow Target would come out matching what I wanted exactly.

They gave me an estimated delivery date of 12/10..  I received a call a week early letting me know it was ready.   Let me state that in the past, other custom builders have had me 'in queue' for over a year, and I don't mind waiting for quality, it was awfully nice to have something built to my specifications and back in hand in under a month.  To have a vendor that builds like a one man custom shop, but with the efficiency and turn around of a well run factory is pretty astounding. 

It's also a wonderful thing when the factory test target is perfectly representative of the results I received when I took it to the range.  

Angus has a great shop.  I know he's in line for a lot more of my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment