Friday, December 28, 2012

CZ Custom Shop - SP-01 Shadow Target SAO (Part 2)

A quick update to the earlier review of the SP-01 Shadow Target SOA:

It's only getting better as it breaks in.  It's still not had a jam or malfunction.   All six factory CZ magazines are getting run through the rotation, and after 1500 rounds I'm still waiting for my first issue.

But, the purpose of this post is to share out my initial hand load data.  (And I'll just go under the assumption that you know reloading is dangerous, work up your own data, use this information at your own risk.  If you maim, kill, disfigure or otherwise damage yourself, anyone else or something valuable, it's your own damn fault.)

This load has cycled flawlessly on two different SP-01 Shadow Targets.  

Accuracy was good and it was very soft shooting:
Montana Gold 124g CMJ 
Fed 100 SPP 
4.1g N320
1.140" COAL 
Brass: Once fired FC
(Seriously - this stuff is dangerous - use at your own risk)

I've done four batches of reloads with this combination and I think I've found my load assuming it plays out over the chronograph with sufficient velocity to make minor.  (From what I've read, others make it no issue at this level.)

Slightly off topic...


Most surprisingly, after doing some practice with the CZ last night, I jumped back to my stock Glock 34.  Sadly, it felt like I was trying to do brain surgery with a crowbar and sledgehammer.   The trigger was brutal, the sights limiting.  I used to love shooting that pistol..  perhaps ignorance was bliss. 

And for your viewing pleasure..

Reloading p0rn!  To answer your question, yes, sometimes the best Christmas presents are the ones you buy yourself.


(66 1/2 Pounds of MG CMJs - Yes, my postman hates me.)



No comments:

Post a Comment