Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Reloading Product Review - Inline Products Ultramount


Inline Fabrication Ultramount - Hornady Single Stage Classic


Awhile back, I picked up an replacement press handle from Inline Fabrication and was impressed with the construction.  It's was well made stuff.  You can tell that the company cares a lot about it's product and it was made to last.   (The handle actually runs on bearings, the powder coating was even and heavy duty.)

So with my recent reloading bench project complete, I thought I'd try out their Ultramount to get my Hornady single stage press to the height I prefer working at while standing.  (I sit all dang day, it's nice to get off my butt when I get home..)   

Opening the box did not disappoint.   The finish and quality of the pieces was excellent.  They were even well packed to assure they didn't show up dinged up from banging into each other. 

A few key points:
- The piece assembles easily 
- It's rock solid.  Once bolted to my bench via T-Track it would not move.  I'm a pretty good sized guy, and tugging on the press after assembly caused zero motion.   

- The base is setup to use 1/4" bolts to mount the press to the bench..  (Supply your own..)

As a side note, I also use the Dillon strong mounts on my 650 and 550 presses and I was curious about the differences between them, since they are both takes on the same idea.  So digging out my caliper, it looks like the Dillon legs were about ~.13 vs ~.19 on the Ultramount.  At best guess, that makes the Dillon legs made out of 10 gauge steel and the Ultramount out of 6 gauge.   Given that the Dillon has proven to be rock solid, I'm pretty confident that the Ultramount will be more than up to the challenge.  It's a beast.

It's a very well made piece of gear and money well spent.  Functioned exactly as expected.  

And I have to say, their customer service is excellent.  I e-mailed them at 5:30pm on a Wednesday asking about the studs being missing from my box.   I received a very apologetic and polite reply a few minutes later with a promise that the part would go out the next morning priority mail.   By Saturday morning, my replacement parts were in hand.   There can be hiccups in any business, how they fix those hiccups, is one of the best measures of how they view their customers.  Inline did extremely well.

In the picture below, you can see the Ultramount in place, mounted to custom base plate, made of two slabs of 3/4" plywood laminated together.    














1 comment:

  1. I also just received my ultramount and could not be happier. Fit and finish are exceptional. This unit is a cut above what I would normally expect from a third party accessory company. Quality control was backed up by pride of workmanship and it showed. I emailed Dan twice about questions and within minutes had a reply. I have been reloading for 40+ years and not easily impressed by new gadgets. Well I certainly am with this and wish I had this 35 years ago. Good job to Inlinefabractions and owner Dan.

    Satisfied Customer: Marvin from Alabama

    ReplyDelete