Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Reloading Product Review - Inline Fabrication Powder Measure Articulating Arm

http://inlinefabrication.com/collections/press-accessories/products/powder-measure-articulating-arm


Hopefully Inline Fabrication won't get too grumpy I mooched their image to use. My bench is currently a disaster area and nobody needs to see that...

Facing a lot of single stage press working doing some oddball pistol calibers that aren't worth setting up my Dillon for, I wanted something to help speed up the process.   With my bench setup, there wasn't a great place to mount the measure without having some really inefficient motion.  (I have drawers along my bench, so there isn't somewhere handy to mount one that wouldn't block the drawers.)

Just by chance, I wandered through their website and found this.  It saved me tinkering together some sort of home brew version.  

Per my other experience with Inline, the order went smoothly and it even shipped the same day.  (I see they are offering free shipping on this product now as well.)

So, how does it perform?

Extremely well.  A few notes:

It's stable.  The bushing system they use allow it to be swung into position and tightened down.  It stays where you put it and doesn't noticeably flex or shift when you swing the powder measure arm.   It's also stable enough that it's just as consistent as when the measure was mounted directly to my bench.   I didn't notice any change in powder variation due to the arm.

It's also convenient.   My single stage bench is only temporarily mounted, as needed, via T-Track and spends most of it's time below the counter top.   The swing arm can be tucked back over the press, so I don't have to disassemble it for storage.   It fits into the same basic footprint as the press with the inline mount.

The quality is in the same league as their mounts.  It has the same heavy duty powder coating and it was flawless.  For something like a mount, I wouldn't get worked up at a few finishing blemishes, but they finish their stuff like it's going into a high dollar custom rifle.   It's flawless.

I can't recommend their stuff enough.  One of these days I'm going to have to break down and buy their tray system for the Hornady...   






No comments:

Post a Comment